- 1 chicken, cut into 8 pieces – about 3 ½ pounds
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 ¾ oz) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly spray baking pan with cooking spray.*
- Cook white rice and wild rice according to package directions (I cook both types of rice together, using the instructions for white rice).
- While rice is cooking, place both mushroom soups, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and stir together. Add chicken bouillon granules to boiling water and stir until dissolved then add to soup. Using a whip, mix well.
- Add mushrooms and rice to soup mixture and stir until well blended. Pour into prepared dish.
- Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and press chicken down into the mix.
- Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until meat juices run clear and internal temperature at the thickest part reads 165° F.
In large skillet, brown meat in 2 tablespoons of oil. Add soups, mushrooms, bouillon water, and seasonings and simmer over low heat for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve over cooked rice mixture.