Deviled Eggs Classic Style
If you prefer the traditional, this recipe is for you. Made with mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and my secret ingredient, pickle juice, this recipe will become your family’s favorite too.
- 12 large hard boiled eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow prepared mustard
- ½ - 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice (to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cool hard boiled eggs in ice water then peel off shells. Slice eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place in small bowl. Place egg white halves in serving dish.
- Mash yolks with a fork until crumbly.
- Add mayonnaise, yellow mustard, and dill pickle juice and mix until yolks are creamy.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into small zip-lock bag, seal closed, and cut off tip of one corner of the bag, about ¼ to ½ inch or large enough for yolk mixture to flow through easily.
- Squeeze yolk mixture from bag into to egg white halves, much like you would use a pastry bag.
- Sprinkle tops of filled egg white halves with paprika.
- Refrigerate eggs for 1 to 2 hours or until well chilled.