Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Serving size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 621.99
- Fat: 24.64
- Saturated fat: 13.82
- Unsaturated fat: 8.76
- Trans fat: .47
- Carbohydrates: 49.59
- Sugar: .62
- Sodium: 887.11
- Fiber: 1.85
- Protein: 47.93
- Cholesterol: 149.87
Recipe type: Main
A flavor combination of chicken, smoked ham, and gooey cheese, this dish is sure to be a hit with everyone.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices smoked deli ham
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups cornflake crumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4-6 tablespoons melted butter - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix together cornflake crumbs, flour, and seasonings and set aside.
- With meat mallet, pound out chicken breasts to a ¼ inch thickness.
- On one half of the breast, place 2 slices of ham, and 2 slices of Swiss cheese.
- Fold other half of chicken breast over cheese and ham.
- Pour buttermilk into medium bowl.
- Dip each breast in buttermilk, coating all sides and shake off excess milk.
- Dredge chicken breasts in cornflake mixture and place in baking pan.
- Brush with melted butter, cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Turn oven to 400, remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes or until lightly brown.